Veritas Combination Plane
Veritas code 05P59.01
Features & Benefits
* 266mm long and made of ductile cast iron with a 45° blade bed
* Two part design with a main body and separate sliding section
* Fence can be positioned for left or right-handed use
* Brass fittings and torrified maple tote
* Depth stops have threaded adjustment
* Adjustable scoring spurs for cross grain work
* Comes with 1/4" wide A2 steel straight blade, with others available
* Weighs 1.8Kg
* Made in Canada
Combination planes have often been used to perform various functions, and this Veritas® Combination Plane 05P59.01 is no different. It has been designed from scratch, unlike other combination planes that were usually adapted and then modified, often making them clumsy and awkward to use and setup.
Whether it is beading, coving, trenching or one of many other types of profiles you are doing, this definitely is the plane that you are looking for. With over 50 different blades in both metric and imperial sizes to suit this one plane, there is not much it cannot handle.
Available blades allow the user to do straight forward trenching with blades up to 3/4” wide in either metric or imperial sizes, beading in Imperial sizing up to 1/2”, fluting in Imperial sizing up to 1/2”. To make this plane extra versatile, Reeding Blades available in two, three and four reed versions, and Tongue Cutting Blades in Metric and Imperial up to 1/4” are also available.
Simply set the desired blade to create trenches or rebates to house shelves or other joints, make perfectly fitting tongue and groove joints, or flutes, or even decorative reeds in multiples up to 3 and 4.
Made in Canada