Voyager DVR Drill Press
Teknatool Code 58001
The worlds first smart Drill Press combines the best features of Drill presses with state of the art technology to make your project work more efficient, fun and safer. The NOVA Voyager DVR Drill Press is the most versatile Drill Press on the market, easily able to handle Wood, Metal, Plastics and Glass. It combines the proven technology with some great new features with intelligent ADAPTIVE CONTROL™ software that works for you to produce optimum conditions for your specific projects. The most innovative advancement since motors were first added to Drill Presses almost a century ago!
- Using the unique DVR technology, the direct drive motor is incredibly smooth with no pulleys or belts to vibrate.
- Sensors for superior safety, use and maintenance: Load, Depth, Vibration and Emergency Stop
- Powerful 2HP Motor handles wood, metal, plastic and glass
- 50-5500rpm variable speed for variety of projects (default is 50-3000rpm, option in settings to increase to 5500rpm)
- No belts, quiet and smooth operation.
- Intelligent Speed Selection to get the correct speed for the application
- Slow Start Pilot Hole Function
- Tapping Assist Function
- Digital speed readout
- Electronic Braking
- Load Readout
- Self Starting
- Digital Quill Depth Readout
- Dial Knob for precise speed adjustment
- 6” of quill travel in 2 revolutions of the handle
- Adjustable mechanical stop coupled with Digital readout for accurate and repeatable actions
- Intelligent Control – Easy to operate, the NOVA DVR range of machines are the only SMART machines on the market using Adaptive Control™ Software
- High Torque Power – Instant power when you need it. With it’s 2HP high torque motor, exceptional structural strength and smart design, the NOVA Voyager has the power and capacity to handle a wide variety of projects with ease.
- Faster, more efficient drilling – NOVA Voyager DVR delivers incredible turning smoothness. With no belts to cause vibration, a computer that automatically adjusts performance and solid cast iron construction, the Voyager is one smooth & quiet operator. This delivers the ability to drill faster and more efficiently.
- Plug n’ Play Easy to use, push button electronic variable speed with forward and reverse.
- Power Saving – Smart computer controlled motor only draws as much power as it needs for the project being worked on. The DVR motor can save up to 50% energy and emissions over conventional motors.
- Low Maintenance – Industrial grade electronics
- Class F Winding Insulation. Industrial spec for long life
- Swing: 18”
- Spindle Travel: 6”
- Spindle Taper: MT-2
- Spindle Distance to Table: (Max.) 23 1/8” (587mm)
- Spindle Distance to Base: 40.94” (1040mm)
- Table Size (wood working)(L x W): 16 1/2" x 16.1/2” (419mm x 419mm)
- Table Tilt (Deg.): -45° to +45°
- Table Rotation (Deg.): 360°
- Chuck Size: 5/8” (3-16mm)
- Column Diameter: 3.62” (92mm)
- Base Size (L x W): 22 1/4” x 17 1/2" (565mm x 445mm)
Note - some minor features in the photos may have changed. Some features have been improved since photos were taken.