WARRANTY & DISCLAIMERS TERMS & CONDITIONS
Carbatec is the trading name of Carba-Tec New Zealand Limited.
Carbatec observes the Consumer Guarantees that are set out in New Zealand Consumer Law. If you have purchased an item from Carbatec and it is not of acceptable quality or does not match the description, Carbatec will happily repair or refund. If this occurs, please contact our Sales Team on 0800 444 329 to seek further advice or contact us by email.
The Consumer Guaranty Act does not apply to goods purchased for commercial use.
For more information please refer to www.consumer.org.nz
We do not have to provide a refund if you have changed your mind about a particular purchase, so please choose carefully.
If the goods are faulty we will meet our obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act to provide a remedy.
- In addition to any manufacturers' guarantee on selected products, Carbatec provides a guarantee of acceptable quality on every product we sell. You are entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced, at our discretion, if the goods are not of acceptable quality or a failure occurs which is not deemed to be a major failure. You are entitled to replacement or a refund, at our discretion, if it is deemed that you have experienced a major failure.
- Carbatec offer 3 years Warranty on selected Machinery Products. Please refer to Warranty Documentation provided with your purchase for full details, inclusions and exclusions.
- If the product you purchased included a Manufacturer’s Warranty, please refer to Warranty Documentation supplied with your product.
- All Carbatec Warranties are “return to store” warranties. If this is not practical please contact our Sales Team on 0800 444 329 or by email.
- Carbatec Warranties exist for the original purchase. If the product is onsold the warranty is not transferable.
- Carbatec Warranties apply only in the country of purchase. If goods were purchased in another country then please contact the store of purchase.
- Due to differences in electricity standards, operating electrical products in a country other than New Zealand will void the warranty provided with the product.
Warranty Claims Process
- If you believe an item you purchased from Carbatec is faulty and covered under the provisions of the products Warranty, please bring the product back to your local Carbatec store for assessment; or
- If you prefer to send the product back, please contact the Sales Team on 0800 444 329 who will provide you with a Returns Authorisation and further instructions.
- If the product you have purchased is a bulky item / machinery and needs to be serviced by Carbatec or one of our approved repair agents, please contact our Sales Team on 0800 444 329 or by email.
- Please do not return goods without communicating with Carbatec first.
- If you require more information about Warranties or require a copy of Warranty Documentation, please contact our Sales Team on 0800 444 329 or by email.
- Carbatec is not required to refund or credit an item because you “changed your mind”.
Product Disclaimers & Notes
Customers should ensure that they take all reasonable safety precautions when operating products purchased from Carbatec. We (Carbatec) will not be held liable to you in respect of any personal injury (including without limitation serious injury or death) that you may suffer or sustain directly or indirectly as a result of the use of products sold by us. Nor will we be liable to you in respect of any other losses arising as a result of any such personal injury.
Nothing in this disclaimer shall: limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; limit or exclude our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; limit any of our liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or exclude any of our liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
Carbatec supply a broad range of electrical products and it is important to understand that not all electrical products are the same. Electrical products each have specific electrical requirements to ensure that they operate correctly. Electrical products that are not powered correctly may malfunction and result in:
- Damage to the product
- Damage to the source of the electrical current
- Electrical Fire
- Electrical shock
Information regarding the electrical requirements of your Carbatec product can be found either in the product manual, on the product badge or on the Carbatec website. However to ensure your product is compatible with your electrical system, Carbatec advises that you discuss your products electrical requirements directly with a Licensed Electrician. Carbatec staff are not qualified or permitted to offer advice on electrical products. Carbatec will not be held responsible for any damage or potential damage to property or persons related to the use of a product when utilising an inappropriate electrical source.
REMEMBER - If you are in any doubt, call a Licensed Electrician.
Customer Feedback & Comments
Carbatec are committed to providing quality products and services to our customers through our retail store and via this online shop. We value your feedback about our products, service and company. If you have any feedback please complete the Contact Form via the Shopping with us or call our Sales Team on 0800 444 329.